Teacher's Ramblings

A potpourri of education, politics, family matters, and current events.

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Soros Response Yesterday Was A Surprise

Well it surprised me for sure and from the post on the Medienkritik blog, I would assume there was surprise on that front also. Well, seems the instincts were correct, the exchange has disappeared from the Soros' site, (which I am not linking to), after Instapundit linked to it. At the point I left yesterday, Ray had responded to Mr. Soro's return email.

Ray has been good enough to offer another chance to Mr. Soro's to engage in meaningful discourse in this very important election year, http://medienkritik.typepad.com/blog/2004/10/an_open_letter_.html , here is the letter he sent:

Dear Mr. Soros,

Recently I emailed you about comments you made regarding democracy. You were kind enough to post my email along with your response on your website. I subsequently posted a response on Davids Medienkritik.
Our story was linked by Instapundit.com. Not long after, I noticed that my email and your response disappeared from your website. I think that is unfortunate.

We are fast approaching an election and should be engaged in an open discussion on relevant issues that impact the outcome. How does erasing a highly relevant discussion on foreign policy and world affairs from your blog contribute to that discussion Mr. Soros? That is hardly the action of someone who is convinced of his arguments.

Perhaps this was all a misunderstanding. I invite you to take a look at my most recent reply. Should you choose to respond to my argument, I would gladly post your response in full on this website.

Best Regards,
Ray D.
Medienkritik

Stay tuned...


My own feelings about Mr. Soro's are not positive, in light of everything I've read, most recently I've already posted about here: http://teachersramblings.blogspot.com/2004/10/horowitz-on-shadow-party.html

Subscribe with Bloglines