Teacher's Ramblings

A potpourri of education, politics, family matters, and current events.

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

I Hate Teaching Institutes! Now I Have to Give One

I am going to be hated at my school. At the end of November, I have to present an institute for the certified staff at my parochial school. The topic, "Using differentiated instruction as a means of IEP implementation." Exciting, no?

If some teachers could please, PLEASE share some ideas on how to make this 'less deadly' than nearly all institutes I've attended, I will be forever grateful. Luckily for all concerned this will only be 2.5 hours. I also need to cover IDEA law and 'educate' the teachers on what their obligations are when they sign to implement an IEP, without the resources available in the public schools.

Subscribe with Bloglines