Teacher's Ramblings

A potpourri of education, politics, family matters, and current events.

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Does Anyone Know If the Military Contributions Is NOT Counted in the $350 Million?

This morning I heard that the helicopters, aircraft carriers, and cargo planes were not part of the $350 million cited as US contributions to the tsunami aid. Does anyone know if this is true? Seems that this would be an expensive undertaking, which I agree with the idea that 'the left hand shouldn't know what the right hand is doing', yet lord knows we are being bashed right and left by those want us to be handless.

If the reports I heard are true, what about what is being dropped? Is this part of the 'total'? I guess I'm wondering if the $350 is only that which is brought under charity or UN sponsorship. Is this the case?

Subscribe with Bloglines