Teacher's Ramblings

A potpourri of education, politics, family matters, and current events.

Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Time to Get Writing

I’ve been encouraging you, my readers to participate in SlaughterRock’s letter campaign. My students have joined in. I thought you might enjoy one of theirs:

December 2004

Patriot’s Poem

Dear American Patriot,

I am sorry for your mishaps, your problems, and your doubts,
I hope this poem shows you what life is all about.
From us here in Chicago, to the people in Bel-Aire,
We wish you luck in the Marines or if you are in the air.

I wish you a Merry Christmas, and other holidays too,
I hope you know we think of you every day, not two.
I think you are courageous and good within the heart,
America is a big family, of which you are an important part.

I hope you know I am thankful for all of your hard work,
For sure I will know who you are with a red, white, and blue shirt.
You are in this poem, which is a work of art,
I know you were loyal all, right from the start.

I believe in many things, even Santa Claus,
I hope you will make it home and get through every cause.
It is a good thing that you make it through day and through night,
I know you will be skilled in any way you fight.

This is the end of my poem that is full of rhymes,
I want to see you make it home; I can’t wait for that time.

Sincerely,
Seventh Grade Student














Subscribe with Bloglines