Teacher's Ramblings

A potpourri of education, politics, family matters, and current events.

Friday, December 17, 2004

Merry Christmas, Happy Hannakah! And A Happy New Year!

I want to thank all of you that have emailed me, most directed from 2Slick’s site. I’ve been overwhelmed, at a week in time when things are crazy to begin with. Geez, I’ve been hoping someone would notice my blog; never thinking such a great milblogger would do so. I believe I’ve answered all, if somehow I missed you, let me know.

I have cobwebs in a couple corners! Literally. I’m having Christmas here, at my humble and I do mean humble, abode. Yesterday I cut out of school early, thanks to the art teacher for dismissing my kids, to pick up my son at the university. Got home about 1:45am, woke up at 7:20. No shower, out the door at 7:30, skipped the teacher’s party after 11am dismissal.

Met a friend for lunch and here I am. Tomorrow and Sunday will complete shopping. Mon. and Tues. will try to deconstruct the cobwebs and obvious dirt. Will invest in candles, as everything
looks good in candlelight! Wednesday will finish laundry and wrapping. Thursday is grocery shopping. Friday is cooking and precooking and Christmas Eve dinner. Midnight Mass. “For unto you a Savior is born. . .” (Reason for the season!)

My site is still ‘developing’ in the sense that I’m a teacher, with a passion for history, including that which is being made. My first thoughts are that we are living through a fundamental change in the order, but are too close and involved to see what it’s all about. I keep wondering if I should be posting more
education stuff, but it seems that many more qualified than I are at it. Obviously there are those with brighter minds than mine looking at the political side of things, but I feel the need to throw my two cents worth in.

With that said, my two cents for the next week or so will be hit or miss. Family and mental health come first. I get up early and tend to go to bed late, so I presume I’ll get more than a post or two up, but not at the expense of what needs to be done around this mess I call home. I plan on more gossip time with my ‘kids’ who are now emerging adults. What a cool time!

Talk about times that would try men’s, (a woman’s) soul. . . Had a great 3+ hour ride with the teacher’s daughter last night. She’s 23 and an emerging wildflower. No wilting/hothouse rose here, more like a cat o’ninetails. Seems I’m not the ‘controller’ she thought I was when she was in high school. Of course, that is in comparison to the men since. She has a great head on her shoulders; glad she is putting it all in perspective. I do believe she is about to get a heave ho to someone who is trying to ‘tame’ her into something not right for her.There is more to be written, but not right now. Just want to thank my regular and ~crossing fingers~new readers that might have joined. I wish to thank 2Slick again, for sending so many new hits my way.

Subscribe with Bloglines