Teacher's Ramblings

A potpourri of education, politics, family matters, and current events.

Friday, November 26, 2004

Happy Thanksgiving

Alright, I'm a day late and a dollar short. No surprise there. I do hope everyone had as nice a holiday as me and mine. It was a bit hard for my dad, got that anniversary nailed down, would have been 58 years, if my Mom hadn't passed a year ago September. Guess that makes it Thanksgiving, 1946.

I got a letter from my friend in the Ukraine:

My dear family Doh****! Happy holidays . Today all my thoughts with you.I , hope all of you are in a good heath , your house is full of friends and turkey is just delicious .I smell it through the ocean .

I am sorry for Jim , hope now everything is fine and he feels okay. I wish ,I could came tonight for a dinner. Well , some times…

We are okay ! My family send you a good wishes.My country now is in a danger situation. We have a three presidents today, and no one wants to leave . We lastly tray to get a real democracy here but you can imagine how difficult if is 3 millions people now is standing in Kiev at area of freedom and people is coming from all corners of country to a Kiev, bay buses ,cars, trains and plains. 100-200 miles from Kiev a police keeps them , do not let them go to a Kiev.But every day Kiev get more and more people . People standing already 4 days and 4 night.At every town of Ukraine a people is coming together and stand up for a democracy and freedom . I so proud now for my country .

Will see…Ta*** invite me to come at January. After 6 years of philosophy she has a lot of problems with chemistry in North Western, and last 3 months we learn chemistry through the telefon.So , maybe I, will come for a month or two to help her with biology and chemistry .

I do so hope she'll be able to come back to US. Time will tell. Thought it interesting to get her perspective of what is happening there. She lives in Lviv.


Subscribe with Bloglines