Teacher's Ramblings

A potpourri of education, politics, family matters, and current events.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Guess Where I Will Be Spending Election Night?

I just got a call from my county GOP office. They wanted to know if I'd be willing to spend election night helping to oversee ballot handling at the County Election Commission. I said, "Yes," even before I found out I'll get paid for it.

Now it's not as good as the invitation I had in 2000 to the 'Campaign Victory Party,' but that ended up to be more of an ulcer producer instead of a 'party'. In November of 2000, I got a call asking if I'd be willing to spend the long Thanksgiving weekend down in FL county chads. Because of my kids, I had to say, "No."

Working on my Master's has taken too many hours that would have gone towards the campaign. I did some hours on the phone banks a few months back and will be walking the area the weekend before the election, but that's all I had to give this cycle. I wonder how much more people would cherish their rights and our system, if they chose to get involved? Want to walk for GW? Go visit http://www.georgewbush.com

Subscribe with Bloglines